The Danish healthcare system
This is the official website for international citizens living in Denmark. You will find healthcare information about e.g.:
- The Danish healthcare system
- Medical treatment
- Health insurance
- Nursing homes and eldercare
- Patients' rights
Healthcare in Denmark at lifeindenmark.dk
Sundhed.dk is run by the five regions in Denmark that are in charge of the Danish healthcare sector. Information on sundhed.dk is in Danish.
You will find information about e.g.:
- Pregnancy, birth, and maternity leave
- The free choice of hospital and waiting time for treatment
- Complaining about treatment in the Danish healthcare sector
- The Patient's handbook (Patienthåndbogen) is a digital lexicon containing updated and valid information about symptoms and diseases and how they are treated in Denmark.
- Medicine - information about different types of medicine, about purchasing medicine in Denmark, subsidies when purchasing medicine, and side effects.
- Your Covid19 test result