When should my child go to their first dental check-up?
Your child will be invited to their first dental check-up around age 3. The invitation will arrive in your digital postbox.
Please notice that the invitation as well as the dental check-up will, as a rule, be in Danish. Please inform the clinic if you or your child is unable to speak Danish.
The first dental check-up
First and foremost, the purpose of this initial dental check-up is for your child to get used to the clinic. This won’t be the same kind of experience as the one you have when you visit the dentist.
- Your child can try moving up and down in the dentist’s chair.
- Their teddy bear or doll is very welcome to take a ride on it too.
- Your child can try sucking up water from a mug with the suction tube.
- The air and clean water compressor also tends to be a big hit.
- We count how many teeth your child has.
- We discuss together how best to care for your child’s teeth.
Before the visit
We encourage you to talk to your child about three things:
- That you are going to visit the dentist
- That the dentist will show your child what things he or she has there (a chair that moves up and down, a mirror, a suction tube).
- That your child can show the dentist how many teeth he or she has.