If you are applying for an EU residence document on behalf of your child when the child’s other parent will not be moving to Denmark, you must in addition to proving your relationship with the child, either prove that you have full custody of the child in the form of a valid decision regarding parental custody, or that the other parent consents to the move.

Consent can be given by the other parent either verbally, if he/she attends in person with you and the child when you register, or by providing written consent to a notary. If the consent is not in Danish, English or German, it must be translated into one of these languages in a satisfactory manner after it has been authenticated by a notary.